The Stressful Husband: ramblings of a husband and father

I need to talk...I'm a stressful husband.

Name:

I believe in a just world. I didn't it should be fair cause nothing is fair anyway in the first place, rather I want a system of justice to be in place, equality among people and a sense of belonging for all citizens of Malaysia. If not for myself, may it be for my children or those that come after me. I believe we can make a change. It happened before and it will happen again and again and again as long as we chose to stand for what it just. This blog is my effort for change. I use to run themalaysianbillboard.com but due to some problems (my own) I had to shut it down. I accept comments but remember we comment within a sphere of responsibility. Cheers!

Monday, June 12, 2006

World Cup and cranky baby

Evan was not himself last night. My quiet, reserve little boy was acting up. I suspected an upset tummy. So in between focusing on the Holland-Serbia match, I had to calm him also. Not that it was really a great match but Holland is one of my favorite teams - must be the orange jerseys.

It's a challenge to me when the arrival of Evan coincide with the World Cup. If I was still single, staying up for the matches would be the norm. But with two boys to looks after and work to handle, I can only afford watching one match a day.

Where I live the matches are played at 9 pm, mid-night and the ungodly hour of 3 am. If you have the will, you can attempt to stay awake from 9 pm till 6 am the next day. If you have to be at work by 8 am then you would have set a record for being awake the whole day.

So I am only allowed the luxury of watching just one match a day. Sigh...

Hopefully, Evan's crankiness would not be a recurring feature. I remember during Ryan's first three months, he would go into a crying session at 6 pm every day. Without miss, come 6 pm he would start crying. This behavior went as mysteriously as it came. I pray that Evan does not develop the same thing that his older brother had.

The conclusion is don't have babies a year before the world cup comes along. It's really stressful watching your favorite team playing while holding a crying baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home