The Stressful Husband: ramblings of a husband and father

I need to talk...I'm a stressful husband.

Name:

I believe in a just world. I didn't it should be fair cause nothing is fair anyway in the first place, rather I want a system of justice to be in place, equality among people and a sense of belonging for all citizens of Malaysia. If not for myself, may it be for my children or those that come after me. I believe we can make a change. It happened before and it will happen again and again and again as long as we chose to stand for what it just. This blog is my effort for change. I use to run themalaysianbillboard.com but due to some problems (my own) I had to shut it down. I accept comments but remember we comment within a sphere of responsibility. Cheers!

Monday, June 05, 2006

The Stressful Husband

I am a husband and I am under stress.

This blog is an attempt at lifting some of that stress off my chest. Why? There are some things that my wife will never understand even when I explain it to her. Because we were both wired differently, try as she wish; she will not be able to bear the shoes that I have to bear.

Not much credit is given to the husband. I believe that the husband suffers as much stress as the wife within any marriage. But husbands suffer in silence. An ego thing, a social thing, husbands are not meant to show any weakness. We may never cry (publicly) instead we learn to bottle things up and bear with it. It's the manly thing to do. This is where so many of us go over the edge.
What makes a stressful husband?

In my opinion, when the world around him seems to cave in on him and all he can do is hold on for dear life. Then that is one stressful husband. When people do not understand the worries, the pain, the burdens and the responsibilities that we (as husband) have to shoulder then we go into stress.
Yes, I am a stressful husband. I admit that. My stress comes from bearing the finances of the family, from having two infants in my life, from work that seems never ending and from commitments that seem to never end. What can I do? Some of these things are entrusted unto me, some where force and yet some, I simply walked into them.

Join me on this journey and I wish to share it with someone. I hope we can both learn from each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home