The Stressful Husband: ramblings of a husband and father

I need to talk...I'm a stressful husband.

Name:

I believe in a just world. I didn't it should be fair cause nothing is fair anyway in the first place, rather I want a system of justice to be in place, equality among people and a sense of belonging for all citizens of Malaysia. If not for myself, may it be for my children or those that come after me. I believe we can make a change. It happened before and it will happen again and again and again as long as we chose to stand for what it just. This blog is my effort for change. I use to run themalaysianbillboard.com but due to some problems (my own) I had to shut it down. I accept comments but remember we comment within a sphere of responsibility. Cheers!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Financial Stress

There is nothing more stressful then to look at you bank account at the beginning of the month and after the first week. I simply do not have enough. And I am suppose to be the bread winner. My wife works and she is so much better at keeping her finances tight. Regardless of the number of personal finance management books I read, nothing seems to help.

It's really stressful when after paying off all the creditors, I end up with nothing. Living under my parents roof compounds the strain even further. I am expected to contribute to my parents too - on top of my commitments to my own family. So my financial state is akin to a juggling act. Moving money from one source to pay another source delays the obvious - that I'm broke.

Some things that you may want to know when it comes to personal finances - trust me I know:
  1. Do not take personal loans.
  2. Buy 2nd hand when possible - cars, clothes, whatever...
  3. Learn a useful skill, it will help secure a 2nd income.
  4. Hide your money from yourself.
  5. Credit cards are poisonous.
  6. Be wary when lending money to siblings - they never pay back.
  7. Be stiff-necked when doing business with friends - they always ask for a discount.
  8. Work with an employer whom you can ask for a raise.
  9. Keep your material items to a minimum. Some things you can live without.
  10. Pray hard.
The list is not exhaustive. Can you think of anything else to add?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be stiff-necked with doing business with friends...does that means if you need legal works done, I don't have to feel obliged to give discount?

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home